History
Sherwoodsdigital was founded in Kilkenny in 1953 by George Sherwood who trained as an electrical engineer. Originally the company sold transistor radios when George bought his first shop in High Street Kilkenny. Here he sold and repaired radios.
 
Ever the entrepreneurial company, Sherwoods were quick to introduce new technologies as they developed, such as televisions and labour saving kitchen appliances. By renting these products they became affordable for the typical household. This early equipment was notoriously unreliable and the engineering background of the company meant it was well placed to develop a large service infrastructure to repair them.
 
The company expanded into Waterford in the 1992 followed by Carlow and Clonmel. Management is in its 3rd generation under George and Jeremy Sherwood meaning the company was, and remains to this day, a true family business.